While your office place could look clean to the naked eye, hidden dangers can often await you, your employees and your clients in places such as sink faucets, microwave door handles, computer keyboards, refrigerator door handles, and water fountains. These hidden dangers are germs that can linger and thrive in any public space. It is therefore important for the sake of public health and safety to know about some of the most common kinds of germ that can grow in your office. The names of some of these germs may be tongue-twisters but they are well worth memorizing. Here is a list of the most common bacteria found in offices:
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa: This bacterium is commonly found in soil, water and man-made environments. It is also found in patients who have been hospitalized for an extended period of time. P. Aeruginosa can cause a wide range of illnesses and even compromise the immune system. Finally, this bacterium is transmitted by cockroaches.
- Staphylococcus Aureus: Usually referring to as “staph,” this bacterium is often found to live in and near keyboards and computer stations. That is why it is important to have your workstation thoroughly cleaned by professionals as staph can cause skin infections, pneumonia, and bloodstream infections.
- Escherichia coli (E. coli): The presence of E. coli indicates the presence of fecal contamination and is commonly spread by poor hand hygiene. Therefore, it is important to not only have a clean restroom but managers must make it a policy that employees wash their hands thoroughly after using the facilities.
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori): This bacterium is also spread through poor hand hygiene and can lead to ulcers and inflammation of the stomach.
- Norovirus: This kind of virus is commonly found in enclosed spaces such as offices. Coming in close contact with a surface harboring the virus can cause you to become very ill. Symptoms of Norovirus infection include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pains or cramps, low-grade fever, muscle pain, diarrhea, etc.
In brief, a clean looking office place is not necessarily a germ free office place. You need efficient, professionals who can thoroughly sanitize the surfaces and areas where these common germs thrive. Our HEPA vacuum cleaning services in Riverside can trap and rid your office place of micro-particles too small to be seen by the eye. We also offer post construction cleaning in Riverside, CA in addition to our regular office cleaning services. Don’t chance it with the health and safety of your workers, guests and clients.