One of the commitments we make to our customers is to not only make their businesses clean looking in appearance, but to make them healthy places for their customers to work in and for their clients to visit. To this end, we have a long history of using environmentally friendly chemicals. We are motivated by the fact that many cleaning products contain chemicals that are environmentally unfriendly and that are harmful to people and animals as well. Our products contain ingredients that do not put more stress on an already overburdened ecosystem. Here is a list of some harmful cleaning chemical that most people don’t realize may be endangering their health.
- Parabens: Parabens are a group of compounds used for their antifungal and antimicrobial properties. They are believed to be carcinogenic according to some cancer experts. They have also been linked to hormone disruption, reproductive toxicity, immunotoxicity, neurotoxicity and skin irritation.
- Phthalates: These chemicals are commonly found in products such as air fresheners, dish shop, toilet paper etc. They are often concealed from consumers and labeled as “fragrance.” The health risk that they pose is that they have been shown in some studies to lower the sperm count in men. Moreover, these compounds are easily absorbed through the skin.
- Triclosan: This compound is often found in dish detergents labeled as “antibacterial.” Some studies show that it can promote the growth of drug-resistant bacteria.
- Quarternary Ammonium compounds or “QUATS”: These compounds with the unwieldy name are found in many household cleaners. They too are suspected of promoting the growth of drug-resistant bacteria. Additionally, they are also skin irritants.
· 2-Butoxyethanol: Used in window, kitchen and multipurpose cleaners, this chemical when inhaled strongly can contribute to narcosis, pulmonary edema, and even severe liver and kidney damage.
Scientists today are almost universally beginning to regard certain household cleaning products as some of the most important sources of environmental damage. Many people too are seeing how these chemicals are insidious threats to human health as well. Our commercial cleaning services riverside in CA are committed and concerned with protecting the health and wellbeing of our clients are we clean their workspaces. We are one of the first office cleaning companies in riverside CA to make this commitment.